Sun 1st March Pray and Fast for Climate, at Collaboration House, 77Charlotte Street, London W1T 4PW from 7-9pm An Interfaith Gathering with international food 2mins from Goodge Street station
- Mon 2nd March Pax Christi is aiming to support a ‘faith-based’ presence/blockade at the North end of The Mearings and we need your help! Are you free and willing to come along – perhaps take part in the blockade/join a time of prayer / maintain a presence during the day? AWE Burghfield, Burghfield, Reading, West Berkshire RG30 UKContact Pat Gaffney at the office on 0208 203 4884 or email@example.com
- Fri 6th March Getting to the heat of conflict A full-day narrative-based training workshop for those looking to evolve a deeper understanding of personal and workplace conflicts, and gain insight into broader possibilities for responding creatively.
78 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AG
- Saturday 7th March Ecumenical climate service and walk Meet 11.30am at St Mary le Strand, Strand, London WC2R 1ES (refreshments from 10.30am) 12.30pm – 1pm Assemble for the climate march at Lincoln’s Inn Fields, Holborn. Climate Change is one of the biggest ethical and spiritual issues of our time. Leaders across many faiths are calling for action to defend future generations and all creation from climate chaos. This is an important time to come together to pray and speak out ahead of the next General Election and the critical UN climate talks this December in Paris. Let’s put our faith into action. Walk together for change.
- Saturday 7th March An open invitation to visit Tooting Islamic Centre 11.30 to 5.50 at 145 Upper Tooting Road, SW17 7TJ. An opportunity to gain more understanding of the faith of Islam and the role of the Mosque within the Community and to meet with men, women and young people. Presentation at 1.45. Refreshments available.
- Saturday 7th March Brentwood Stations of the Cross. New Stations of the Cross by 15 artists are on show in Brentwood Cathedral from Ash Wednesday to Good Friday, with meditations every Friday 7pm
On Saturday 7 March at 10am there is a talk on the stations with contributions from the artists.
- Tuesday 10th March International Women’s Day: Mentoring Event
Tuesday 10th March 2015 6.30pm
Crypt of St Paul’s Cathedral. To celebrate International Women’s Day 2015, St Paul’s Institute, in partnership with Girls Talk London, is hosting a mentoring event for young women aged 16 – 24 that will bring them into discussion with professionals from throughout the City. See website: http://www.stpaulsinstitute.org.uk/Events/International-Womens-Day-Mentoring-Event
- March 14th Spirit in Action for the Climate A workshop co-hosted by Operation Noah and Hope for the Future at St Andrew’s Church, Short Street, Waterloo, London SE1 8LJfrom 10.15am to 5pm. Are you passionate about climate change? Do you want to make a difference in 2015 – an important year for climate action? Cost is £15 / £10 (includes lunch) Register at http://www.spiritactionclimate2015.eventbrite.co.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07804 059426
- Sat 21st March Romero’s Martyrdom: Ecumenical Service. This service marks the 35th anniversary of the martyrdom of Archbishop Oscar Romero. The preacher is Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster. The service is organised by the Romero Trust with the support of Pax Christi, CAFOD, Progressio, Christian Aid, the Diocese of Westminster and the Embassy of El Salvador. At St Martins in the Field, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 2JJ. From 11am until 12.30pm.
- Sat 21st March Music Workshop for the Tenth St Joseph the Worker (Migrants) Mass (Brentwood)
St George’s Walthamstow, 132 Shernhall Road, E17 9HU. Contact Davina Bolt, Davina@dioceseofbrentwood.org
- Saturday 21st March Fly Kites not Drones Global Day of Action Hold your own kite flying event & make your own kites
RAF Waddington 1-3pm Main Gate
Last year the campaign was launched by the Afghan Peace Volunteers, young peace activists in Kabul who have lost loved ones, and endured life under drones; they wanted to encourage people around the world to be in solidarity with Afghans by participating in their favourite national pastime of kite flying on the Nao Roz (Persian New Year), while also saying that the skies should be kept for fun and peaceful activities, and not for terrorising civilians.
- Saturday 21st March Arms to Renewables: CAAT’s National Gathering. Learn more about CAAT’s new campaign, “Arms to Renewables”. Hear from Owen Jones (author and commentator), Sayed Alwadaei (democracy activist exiled from Bahrain), and the authors of Deception in High Places and the forthcoming Arming Apartheid.
10.15am-5pm, (Please arrive to register from 9.45am) at Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
£7 waged / £3 unwaged – The price includes tea, coffee and a light vegetarian lunch.
Register at: https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/TicketingCatalog.aspx?eventid=42702&langpref=en-CA&Referrer=https%3a%2f%2fwww.caat.org.uk%2fevents%2fnational-gathering%2f2015
- Mon 23rd March Events at St Ethelburga’s 10am: Coaching through conflict
A certificated four day training course in coaching through personal or organisational conflict, for those with some prior coaching, counselling or 1:1 experience who are looking to add an effective new skill to their toolkit.
- Wed 25th March Change at Every Level: New Structures for Gender Equality
Wednesday 25th March 2015, 6.30pm- 8pm
St Mary-le-bow Church, Cheapside. This event, organised by JustShare, Christian Aid and St Paul’s Institute, will explore the structural changes needed to help promote a more equal and fair society for women and men.
Dr Eva Neitzert – Deputy CEO, The Fawcett Society
Loretta Minghella OBE – Chief Executive, Christian Aid. Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/change-at-every-level-new-structures-for-gender-equality-tickets-15756300519
- Sat 28th March Stand Up for Legal Aid is part of the Justice Alliance’s – Not the Global Law Summit – a series of events to support the fight for legal aid and access to justice, and highlight the hypocrisy of the government. For more information https://justiceallianceuk.wordpress.com/
- Sat 28th March Planning for the General Election In the run up to the election many local chuch and inter-faith groups organise hustings in their area to enable those interested to meet and question their candidates at first hand. Christians in Politics have launched Show Up at : http://www.christiansinpolitics.org.uk/showup/
This is full of useful resources and information. See also Vocation for Justice Spring issue and CSAN/CAFOD cards.